Sunday, October 16, 2011

SHARE walk for remembrance, 2011, Part 1

Lucas and my mom and balloons
Joe and Lucas
Lucas and me, wearing our Olivia butterflies and the butterfly we made for Brooke's Eliza
since Brooke wasn't able to make it, Lucas was determined to get that glittery foam goodness into
his mouth so we had to ditch his butterfly
Little brothers ARE awesome indeed.
Jackie and me, moms to an angel and a rainbow
This does not even come close to capturing the crowd, people in green are bereaved parents.

Again, only part of the crowd.
There are a few more pictures I have to share that other people took, so I'll make that as a Part 2 post when I get them.

The weather was PERFECT. The crowd was huge. It was a nice day to remember all of our babies who left too soon. Seeing so many people I knew there made me realize just how many people I have met in this journey. I am grateful for all of them.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Wow. It looks amazing, but also overwhelming. Thank you so much for wearing a yellow butterfly for Eliza! I'm glad she was honored even though we couldn't be there. Like you, I'm so grateful for the people I've met, and you're one of them. A real gift to me from Olivia. I definitely plan to make it next year. And yes, hopefully I will be pushing a stroller.

Oh! And Lucas is totally awesome. Love him.

Anonymous said...

It does look amazing. I remember getting a packet about it last year and I just couldn't bring myself to go. I would have loved to have gone this year, but I had to work. I really want to go next year. It looks like it was a fabulous day of remembrance. Kim
www.adayinthelifeofatoddler.blogspot.com

Post a Comment