- Almost 11 months old! I can't believe it. Joe tried to tell me he was a toddler the other day, Google proved him wrong, thank goodness.
- Will be walking soon. We are dreading it.
- Hates being strapped down in carseat (but once he is, he's fine.) Also hates laying still (and will not!) for diaper changes. I have gotten very good at putting a clean diaper on a crawling-away-baby-butt.
- Loves FOOD. All food. I am guilty as using food as a bribe to get him to sit in his carseat rather than trying to wrestle him for 5 minutes. (Because the second you sit him in his carseat, he straightens his legs and twists all over and screams and even when you pull him back down and try to hold him, it's really hard to hold him down and get the straps on correctly. It's much easier to show him a couple goldfish crackers, and he sits there calmly while getting strapped in.)
- is BFF's with our husky, Koda. Koda likes him and covers him in kisses regularly, but also prefers not to be stepped on, have his ears and eyes pulled and poked, etc. We still closely supervise them together and always will, though Koda puts up with more than I expected.
- Laughs and smiles and babbles all the time. Saying "mamama" and "dadada". Just started clapping this week (I've been trying to get him to clap for months!) Also will give high 5's but usually not in front of other people.
- LOVES looking at pictures of himself and laughs if he sees a picture of me while I'm holding him-he looks back and forth at me and the picture. (I wonder what goes through his little head? Two mommies?)
- I started working on a slideshow of pictures/videos for his one year. It made me cry. I can't believe how fast he got so big and busy.
- We finally got his freaking 3 month pictures. They SUCK. But I'm glad that it's done with. I have a handful of his 9 month pictures, but our photographer has been really busy helping her friend/neighbor's family who lost their house to a fire, so she hasn't had time to finish them yet (and I am happy to be understanding and wait!)
*School is going okay. A's so far. I have one easy teacher, and one teacher who sucks but makes up for it with extra credit and counting wrong answers correct. I am learning very very little, but I have A's.
*Volunteering is also going okay. I will finally be done with my 120 hours in mid-April. Looking forward to having 2 nights a week back at home. It's hard to get stuff done when I'm busy chasing Luke all day and then gone 4 nights a week.
*Planning for the Promise Walk is going smoothly. We have nearly already met our goals. If you are still thinking about walking, register soon! Our deadline to turn in shirt orders is coming up soon at the end of March, after that, we can't guarantee a shirt with registration. Also, we are doing a gift card drawing for everyone who is registered by March 20th.
*Missing Olivia, always, but now that Luke is all over the place always, her absence somehow seems even bigger, she should be running around and chasing him and playing with him.
*Have avoided thinking about Luke's first birthday party, because I don't really want to think about him turning one! I really need to start working on invitations though. We are having a BBQ at a park (hopefully the weather will be nice) and so it should be pretty easy to plan, hopefully.
*Am not impressed with 80 degree March. We had to turn on our AC, and I do not like having the AC on already in March, but it was so uncomfortably hot especially for our poor husky, I fought it with fans and open windows and stuff, but ugh. And we've had hail 3 times in the last couple days. It needs to cool off a little bit and STOP HAILING- we have two pretty new cars and I am not amused.
*Joe got sideswiped on the hwy by a new 16 year old driver a few weeks ago. His car was not even a year old yet. They did $4000+ worth of damage and now we can't trade the car in for as much (and we had been thinking of trading it in.) Joe is now dealing with the insurance company and not amused with their crappy diminished value offer so far, especially since he took the car to the dealer and got a trade in estimate before and after the accident.
*Working on weaning Lucas. It's not going great. I am ready to be DONE. He is not so much but is getting better and better about taking bottles again (I think partly because my supply is dropping), we definitely have PLENTY of milk in the freezer and deep freezer to get him well past the year mark, so I am proud that we are getting through a year with no formula. I was happy to make it to the 3 month mark, then 6 months, and 9, and now here we are at almost 11 months and still going.
Okay, our delightful little handful is awake and trying to help me type, so I am going to hit save before he erases all my work.