Sunday, August 12, 2012

26 +2

Man, oh, man. This pregnancy is flying by. That is a good thing, mostly.

The heartburn has started with a vengence, pretty much no matter what I eat. I hate it. It makes me nervous since my symptoms started with bad heartburn with Olivia. But I remember having a lot of bad heartburn with Luke too. And my feet are getting pretty swollen by the end of the day, which has my radar up a bit too, although no headaches, no dizziness, no other pain or symptoms. I don't think I am very swollen anywhere else.

This week is going to be REALLY busy. Three appointments (all medical for me), a quick trip to Chicago, and then next weekend we have parties both days. Somehow between packing and cleaning, I know I need to still take the lovely 1 hour glucose test. I figured I'd wait till we are back from Chicago, which I know my doctors won't be thrilled about, but I am hopeful I might actually pass, maybe, this time. But if I don't pass, counting carbs and checking my blood sugar is a really huge pain in the butt. (And eating all of the time is annoying too.) I'd like to put them off as long as possible. I already passed the glucose test once this pregnancy, so I feel okay waiting a little longer. Fingers crossed.

Luke is SO busy. He does not sleep nearly enough. And he is heavy and likes me to carry him a lot still which sucks for my poor back. But he's also fantastic and so funny. My sister has been working with him on dancing. He now will spin around in circles waving his hands and considers it dancing. Then he gets really dizzy and tries to walk while we laugh at him. It's awesome. Now, when I want to catch him to change his diaper, I don't say, "let's go change your diaper." I say, "show me how you dance", then wait till he's dizzy to pick him up and change him. Less resistance that way.

Today we went to a picnic for SHARE (an infant loss group). The weather was perfect and it was nice. Those kind of things are always bittersweet, but infinitely better and easier now that we have a
living child. Even though all of the families have had a loss, going to stuff like that when there are other kids and families, would have been hard for me. Last year we didn't go because Luke was still pretty young and it was hot. The year before, I don't think I knew about it but probably wouldn't have gone anyway, but this year, I'm glad we went. We also have a walk coming up at the end of October....that is going to be tricky. I think I want to try to go, but I'll be 36ish weeks pregnant, so probably not walking, possibly not even pregnant anymore. So we'll see how that goes.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day and Luke will probably be awake again any time now, so I better get some sleep while I can.


0 comments:

Post a Comment