Saturday, May 5, 2012

Dogs

So, pretty much as we expected, the meds and "rest" have not magically healed Rogue's knee. I am still very, very conflicted about getting it fixed.

She is not great with Luke. She doesn't bite or growl or snap at him, though she does keep her distance, and just today she walked (hobbled) right THROUGH HIM as he was standing in the living room, knocking him all the way over. And being hurt isn't an excuse, she did crap like that before. It's not so much that I don't expect Luke to get knocked over from time to time by our two large dogs, but that was just too intentional and deliberate for my patience.

That being said, I also don't really feel like Luke is in any real danger. Rogue keeps her distance from him so if he's around, she isn't near him.  And Rogue is only 6 and very healthy aside from her freaking knees, so I don't think I could live with putting her to sleep for our convenience. And leaving her to hobble around in pain isn't really very humane either. (Although she fricking does just fine chasing bunnies and acting stupid on 3 legs.) Joe pretty much agrees. It would be different if she was older, if she acted older, or had other health issues or anything. So, I guess we will be doing dog knee surgery again this summer. Yippee.

1 comments:

Brooke said...

Aww. You know I have such a soft spot for dogs (even ones with bad attitudes) so I'm glad to hear that Rogue will have her surgery. Still, it's freaking hard to spend so much money on things like that. Hopefully this will be the real fix.

Post a Comment